Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's what makes me *ME*

The truth is, I tend to be a slow learner. You see, when I take the time to sew/quilt and be creative, I blossom. When I get too busy in the mundane and stressful activities of daily living, I start to wilt. I become less vibrant. I become droopy.

What I don't understand is why I can't seem to remember this. I go through phases like this often. I'll find myself wilted and droopy. I'll start to be grumpy and stressed. I become overwhelmed with everything. When I get to that point. I force myself to sew/quilt. It's the best thing I could do for myself because it HELPS!

This past weekend, I was stressed beyond believe. I was overwhelmed with just about everything. At that point, I decided to take a day off this week to have some *me* time.

That day off was yesterday. I even turned down an invitation to lunch with Kurt so I could stay in my PJ's and sew/quilt all day with no interruptions. It was wonderful. I finished Kurt's quilt, and I finished my ornaments for the Martha Pullen Fan Club ornament exchange. I had a spring in my step that has stayed with me even today.

On my morning break, I pulled out my fabric to begin sewing my Christmas purse on my lunch break. My creative juices have been flowing nonstop, and I am even thinking of making more Christmas gifts. I have plenty of time (over 3 weeks), so why not?

Yes, sewing/quilting is what makes me *ME*. Without it, I'm just a gloomy, droopy, wilted girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment