Last night, I measured, counted, and cataloged 61.25 yards of fabric from Goodville Fabric Outlet. Each card has a swatch of the fabric along with the length and width of the fabric. Next, I am going through all of my patterns to make notes on the cards of what patterns may go with which fabrics. :-)
I am finally going to do it!! I'm finally going to have a table at the Wilson Music Promoters Craft fair this year. It is December 1st at Wilson Southern Middle School. I am so excited at all the possibilities. I've been making these for years, but now I'm going to do it on a bigger scale. I will have lots to purchase right there, but also I will do custom orders for personalized ones (with names) or for ones that I run out of. I've finally mastered how to do them quick and easy and pain-free. I am using a sticky-backed stabilizer and a smaller embroidery needle. It's been flawless. I've had so much fun making these! I've got exactly one month until the craft fair, and I plan to stay busy creating more and more ribbons - both samples and ones to purchase at the fair.
It took me well over an hour, but I sorted, measured, cataloged, and folded all the fabric that Hannah and I stuffed into two $1 bags at Goodville Fabric Outlet last week. The grand total was 61.25 yards of gorgeous fashion fabrics!!! I have attached a swatch, along with yardage information onto a card for each piece of fabric. The next step is to go through my pattern stash and figure out what patterns will work with which fabric.
Hannah and I took a little "field trip" to the Goodville Fabric outlet last week. They had a special with all you could stuff in a huge bag for $1. Hannah and I each filled a bag, and this is the result - all folded. We got a huge variety of fabrics - and at least 50-75 yards. One of my projects to keep me busy when we lose electricity during Hurricane Sandy in the next few hours is to measure it all out and catalog it. I also want to match up fabrics with possible patterns. Hannah has many ideas of things she wants me to sew for her as well.
It's been a while since I've blogged. I've been keeping busy though. I embroidered lots of shirts for our Disney trip last month. I made 3 for myself, one for Hannah, one for Timothy, and one for Bridget. They all turned out great, and everyone liked having special Disney shirts on our vacation!! I also made 3 pairs of shorts for myself. The fabric for my shorts came from either one of my auction purchases or my huge $2 bag from Goodville Fabric outlet this past June. It's great to have a stash!!
Currently, I am working on lots and lots of embroidered hair ribbons and dog bandanas for an upcoming craft show at the beginning of December. This will be my first craft show, and I'm really excited about it.
One of thing I am starting is a sewing journal - where I can journal my accomplishments, goals, ideas, etc. How many times do you think of something you want to sew, only to completely forget about it for months. This way, I can keep track of my projects past, present and future.