Monday, August 13, 2012

Auction Fabric and Finds

I have been bitten by the auction bug!  Jonathan loves going to auctions, and has gotten me interested in going as well.  We went to an auction together this past Saturday, and I hit the jackpot.    I spent $8 and got everything you see here, and much more.  In one box lot, I got a beautiful 2-yard piece of denim - which was worth more than the $8 I paid for everything.  I also got a quilting frame/hoop that had never even been assembled.  I got a pillow form, a full size quilt batting, lots of beautiful quilting fabric, at least 20 packages (many unopened) of seam binding and rick rack, and more.  I got a lot of macrame stuff that I will sell at our garage sale in a few weeks.  If you've never been to an auction before, go to auctionzip.com .  You can type in your zip code and it will list all the auctions coming up in your area.  Most of them have a listing of what they will be auctioning - including photos of the items.  It's *sew* much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment