Monday, May 21, 2012

My Next Doll Bishop

I got this beautiful Michael Miller shimmering peach sparkle fabric at Elegant Fabrics in NYC two weeks ago.  It is just gorgeous!!  This swatch picture doesn't do it justice.  

I bought it to make my Martha doll a very special dress as my souvenir of my trip to the Fashion District in NYC.  It will be a smocked bishop with pearl trim on the sleeves and hem, along with lace with ribbon weave at the bottom.  I am really excited about it.  I will be using some of the techniques I learned at the Martha Pullen heirloom sewing seminar last week while making this dress. 

I cut it out yesterday and plan to put it together and pleat this afternoon and being smocking tonight.  I am thinking of smocking with white, but rather than just three strands of white DMC floss, I think I will do 2 strands of white and 1 strand of peach.  Or, if I thought it would work, I could try 2 strands of white and 1 strand of metallic.  Hmmm.... there's a thought......

No comments:

Post a Comment