Thursday, February 16, 2012

Smocked Doll Bishop

I made my first ever smocked bishop doll dress. The pattern came from Dolly's Wardrobe by Children's Corner. It is the doll version of the little girls' pattern, "Betsy". I have tried other patterns before, but always been too scared to actually do anything. For some reason, this pattern didn't scare me. I just resolved that I would do it!! I got the pattern in the mail on Monday and the dress was finished in time to take for show & tell at smocking guild on Wednesday. I love quick and easy project like that. The *only* thing that was not simple was applying the neck binding. It took me 3 tries to get it to line up with my stop row of cable stitching, but I am sure that gets easier with time. I am ready to smock another one! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment