Monday, December 12, 2011

Thimbles!

This is 50 of the thimbles in my thimble collection. I have 7 or 8 more and another display case just like this one. I have wanted one of these display cases for YEARS. I started my thimble collection well over 10 years ago, and have collected a thimble of every touristy place I have been. I had housed them in various ways - shelves - shadow boxes, etc, but never had a real display case like this one - until yesterday. Jonathan drove by and saw that someone was throwing these out in their trash, so he got them for me. They're both in great condition and look so nice. Each one holds 50 thimbles, so my collection has plenty of room to grow in the 2nd display case. I love to look at my thimbles and go down memory lane of where each one came from and remember the special times associated with that thimble.

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful! I sense God's hand in this because how many times have you ever seen shelves like these being thrown out??? What a wonderful son. He knows what his Mom loves. Tell him I think he's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete