Tuesday, July 20, 2010

10-20-30 Minutes to Quilt

Okay - I admit it -- being a working wife and mother is not as easy as I thought it would be.  I know it will get easier once school starts, but for now, during this adjustment period, I am a bit busier than I thought I would be.  My children are here all day long, and I am trying to work all day.

Our goal is for me to eventually cut back my hours so I have more time to be a wife and mother, but until that time, I need to figure out how to make this work.

After a week of having my kids back from Florida and working, I think I have gotten most of the daily housework routine down.  Now I just need to figure out how to make time for me so I can do the things I enjoy to do alone -- like quilting.

For starters, I am researching what would be involved in starting a quilting small group at church.  Our church already has a scrap-booking group, so why not a quilting group?  That would give me at least one evening a month with my hobby.

However, I'd like a little more.  I think I am going to begin to apply the principals from Nancy's book "10-20-30 Minutes to Quilt" so I can still enjoy my hobby.   I have to readjust my mindset  to realize that I can't always sit down and sew/quilt for an hour at a time.  I have to just be ready to grab a few minutes here and there whenever I can.

So, here's my goal.  For the rest of this week,  I will spend a minimum of 10 minutes in my sewing corner each day - even if it's 10 minutes before we go to bed.   In an effort to have some accountability, I will post to my blog each and every day what I accomplished during my 10-minute quilting block.

No comments:

Post a Comment