Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Battle Costume

My church is doing a sermon series that cullminates with a drama presentation called, "The Battle" in April.  They had volunteer opportunities for everything imaginable, including a "sewing team."  I've never done sewing for church, but was excited because this was something I knew I could do.

As it turns out, most of the volunteers were not familiar with sewing from patterns or doing anything like garments/costumes.  While I had never done a costume before, I had made garments and followed patterns, so I got to do one of the three main character's costumes.  Mine is the bad guy's costume (it's black).  The shirt was a challenge because it is a silppery, shiney fabric.  It slipped and slid all over the place, but I got it done.  The robe part was much easier!

I had to say that I am very excited about sewing the drama presentation and being able to see my work on stage.  It felt good to be able to help out my church in this way,

No comments:

Post a Comment